Making a difference in your life
The Golden Prairie Extension District is accepting applications for
Family Consumer & Science Agent in Oakley Extension - Applications will be accepted through November 12, 2018. Interviews will be conducted on December 10, 2018, the alternate interview date, in case of inclement weather, will be December 19, 2018
LOCATION: Offices in Grainfield, Oakley, and WaKeeney. Primary office for this position is Oakley.Responsibilities:
1. Provide primary leadership for the development and implementation of research-
based programming related to family and consumer sciences. Programming will include but is not limited to: family life, nutrition, food safety, parenting, communication, financial management, leadership, health and safety.
2. Provide support for 4-H youth development programming related to family and consumer sciences.
3. Share responsibility for community vitality educational programming that addresses community functions of leadership, government, health, economy, ecosystems and social well-being.
4. Secure external funding such as grants, gifts and cost recovery to supplement local tax revenue to support and expand educational programming.
5. Serve as a member of the Golden Prairie District team cooperating in the planning and delivery of district-wide programming and related events
Submit application using the Kansas State University job application site:
4-H Program Assistant in the Oakley Extension Office. (Review of applications begin July 1, 2018 and will continue until filled.)
Hours: 40 hours per week. Full-time employment.
Salary: Minimum starting salary $10/hour with additional compensation based on experience, ability and education.
Duties include: Coordination and management of the comprehensive 4-H Youth Development program in Logan County and its communities. Successful candidate will work with other 4-H program assistants in the district to administer the educational programming.
We are seeking candidates with the following attributes: ability to develop and administer 4-H & youth development programming, enjoys working with youth audiences, ability to learn quickly, excellent organizational and time management skills, and can occasionally work evenings and weekends.
If interested in this position, please send application and resume to:
Golden Prairie Extension District
216 Main Street
WaKeeney, KS 67672
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.